This month we are making cold brew!! It is truly the best way to enhance all of the flavors in your coffee and it makes a robust-tasting, smooth-drinking, overall-delicious coffee drink.
It makes your life easier because you save money! Store-bought cold brew is pricey and going to a coffeeshop daily is even more spendy. Making your own cold brew saves you money whether it’s in the grocery line or coffeeshop line AND you don’t need to leave the house to make it. Just pour it in your favorite tumbler, flavor, and go!
Ok so here’s what you do! Take 3/4 cup of whole bean coffee and grind it coarsely.
Then put it in a mason jar and add 3 cups of water.
Give it a stir. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Then stir it again!
Put it in the fridge for 12-18 hours! No more than 24 hours.
When the time is up, take it out and pour through a regular strainer.
THEN put a coffee filter in a strainer or pour-over, and pour through again.
It’s now ready!! This is a concentrate. So add 1/2 cup cold brew to 1 cup water and enjoy!
I do: 1-2 Tbsp heavy cream, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 packet truvia. Shake and enjoy. Yum!!
Fabulous Cold Brew:
- 3/4 Cup Coarsely Ground Coffee Beans
- 3 cups water
- Put coffee beans and water in a Quart mason jar
- Stir. Let sit 5 minutes. Stir again.
- Put in the fridge for 18-24 hours
- Take out. Pour through a strainer into a clean jar.
- Pour again through a coffee filter (placed in a strainer or pour-over)
- Chill until ready to serve
- To serve: Put 1/2 cup concentrate and 1 cup water in a tumbler.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp heavy cream, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 packet of truvia. Shake, put in straw, enjoy!